Sunday September 20th were held The 67th annual Emmy Awards. The show hosted by comedian and actor Andy Samberg had some great comedic moments as well as emotionally charged speeches. Below are a few of the standouts which already to set a blaze the Internet .
Some of the night’s most memorable moments:
- The opening musical number in which host Andy Samberg sang a tune including every title nominated as he binge-watched every show to prepare for his Emmy gig.
- Ricky Gervais brilliantly parodies winning an Emmy by accepting a fake one…
- Jimmy Kimmel realized the power Emmy presenters have and decided to eat the envelop and declare Matt Leblanc the winner.
- Uzo Aduba (Orange Is The New Black) wins for best supporting actress in a drama series and delivers an emotional and joy-filled speech.
Kevin Winter / Getty Images
5. Tatiana Maslany and Tony Hale appear in a skit on the red carpet fighting over a can of beans.
6.Viola Davis wins lead actress in a drama series. A snippet of her powerful speech:
“You cannot win an Emmy for roles that are simply not there,” she said in her acceptance speech. “So here’s to all the writers, the awesome people that are Ben Sherwood, Paul Lee, Peter Nowalk, Shonda Rhimes, people who have redefined what it means to be beautiful, to be sexy, to be a leading woman, to be black.”
7. Tracy Morgan triumphantly returns to television after a year of absence do to a serious accident.
To watch a video recap of these moments: